|By Roger Strukhoff||
|March 25, 2010 04:38 AM EDT||
Hard to restrain one's self 24/7/365, know what I mean?
I was actually a bigger fan of Waylon, who sung with Willie on the song I reference in the above link. But Willie sang the specific lyric that I mention, so I had to go with him.
Putting him in front of God in the headline is not meant to make offense; it's just that the storyline followed the three subjects in the head in that particular order.
I've been reading about and writing about Cloud Computing non-stop for awhile, and am gearing up for the Cloud Expo in New York, at the Javits Center April 19-21.
There could be 5,000 people there, which would make it by far the largest cloud event produced to date. There is a surge behind cloud, precisely because it's not "the latest, greatest thing." Nothing new to see here, gang.
But it's the fruition of so many trends of the past decade or so. The genius with Cloud--at least with Enterprise Cloud--is how it takes many recent and great technological developments and combines them into truly a new and revolutionary way to run your IT department, and your business.
The idea of the Consumer Cloud, ie, "all your software are belong to us," is much more controversial and untested. But the Enterprise Cloud--in which resources are turned over to third parties, but still owned and strategically managed by the original owner--is a Big Freaking Deal, as Joe Biden might say.
- Do You Need PaaS for Cloud Microservices? By @IoT2040 | @DevOpsSummit [#DevOps]
- Is It Time for Hadoop Derivatives? By @IoT2040 | @CloudExpo [#BigData]
- Containers: Don't Skeu Them Up, Man | @DevOpsSummit [#DevOps]
- Containers and Microservices On the Agenda at @CloudExpo By @IoT2040 [#DevOps]
- Cloud: Where Are We Going? By @IoT2040 | @CloudExpo [#Cloud]
- Gates Foundation & Our IoT 2040: Nice Contrast
- Canada Luring IT with Express Entry Visa
- Two Looks at Cloud Readiness In Asia
- Vietnam Shines In Our IT Research
- Vietnam Shines in Our IT Research, Part 2
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- Should RIM BlackBerries Be Rented?
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Silicon Valley Recovering Slowly
- i-Technology Viewpoint: SUNset?
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Open Source is Open to Debate
- Report From the Oracle/PeopleSoft Frontline: Alienating PeopleSoft
- i-Technology Viewpoint: The Five Dimensions of Blogs
- Software AG Chief SOA Architect Speaks
- WebSphere vs WebLogic: IBM and BEA Spar Over SPEC Results
- HP Analysis: Carly Fiorina Facing "A Skeptical Business Press"